[HECnet] Which DECnet interfaces support remote, unattended, booting?

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Fri May 17 18:00:03 PDT 2013

Paul_Koning at Dell.com
the one that requires hardware help -- is Boot.1

  It occurs to me that there's a better way - several versions of the DLV11
(e.g. -E) could assert BHALT when a break was detected.   You could do that
on the async DECnet DDCMP line.   Unfortunately I think that only gets you to
console ODT and not an actual reboot.   Now, if you took a soldering iron to
the DLV11-E and hacked it ever so slightly so that break asserted BINIT
instead, I think it'd actually work.

  Of course you'd need the host side to send a break - I don't imagine
DECnet could do that.

Bob