[HECnet] Which DECnet interfaces support remote, unattended, booting?

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Fri May 17 17:18:07 PDT 2013

Paul_Koning at Dell.com wrote:
So you only see it on controllers that have their own
microprocessor to implement that part of MOP,

  One more question and I'll quiet down - it's funny, but as far as I can
tell, none of the QBUS synchronous cards could do this.   Neither the DPV11
nor DUV11 entries in my handbook say anything about booting.   The DPV, in
particular, implemented DDCMP (and BISYNC, HDLC, SDLC, and several others)
in the controller and was probably at least as powerful as the DMR11, but it
doesn't boot.

  It looks like the DELQA is the only possible option for remote triggering
a QBUS 11, and even that one is uncertain.