[HECnet] Which DECnet interfaces support remote, unattended, booting?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri May 17 16:44:48 PDT 2013

On 2013-05-17 17:34, Bob Armstrong wrote:
John Wilson wrote:
They DMA a small program into memory

    Ah, I was wondering about that, because there aren't any separate boot
ROMs on the DEUNA.   I bet the "small program" is just part of the T11
code.

Um, no. The "small program" is a program expected to be executed by the
host.

And on re-reading I see that I misunderstood the comment.
Yes, the program to DMA into the host is located along with all the other code on the controller (a T11 for the DEUNA, and a 68K for the DELUA).