[HECnet] DECserver software collection

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu May 16 16:04:36 PDT 2013

On 2013-05-15 00:42, G. wrote:
Hi all,

once upon a time (!) I collected whatever DECserver software I was able to
find, thinking it would be eventually useful sometime into the future.

Now I see on this mailing list some messages about DECserver software, so I
thought about sharing whatever I know and have, to help others running their
DECservers and maybe to increase my collection too.

Here is what I have:

MNENG1.SYS           V1.1C     BL46-13
MNENG1_A.SYS       V1.1C     BL46A-13     From Digital?
MNENG2.SYS           V2.0       BL10D-40
MNENG2_DNPG.SYS V2.4       BL50             Copyright Digital Networks, DNPG, LLC
MNENG3_DNPG.SYS V2.4       BL50             Copyright Digital Networks, DNPG, LLC
PS0801ENG.SYS     V2.0       BL23
PR0801ENG.SYS     V3.3A     BL40
DP0601ENG.SYS     V2.0       BL29-04
SH1601ENG.SYS     V2.2C     BL46-13
WWENG1.SYS           V1.1C     BL46-13
WWENG2.SYS           V2.0       BL10D-40

And this is what I miss (both from Digital):

MNENG3.SYS
MNENG4.SYS

Finally, these should be the corresponding DECserver hardware devices:

DECserver 90L+                           PROM-based, no firmware
DECserver 90TL                           MNENG1.SYS or MNENG2.SYS
DECserver 90M     (1MB mem)     MNENG2.SYS
DECserver 90M     (2MB mem)     MNENG3.SYS
DECserver 90M+   (4MB mem)     MNENG4.SYS
DECserver 100                             PS0801ENG.SYS
DECserver 200                             PR0801ENG.SYS
DECserver 250                             DP0601ENG.SYS
DECserver 300                             SH1601ENG.SYS
DECserver 700     (1MB mem)     WWENG1.SYS
DECserver 700     (2MB mem)     WWENG2.SYS
DECserver 900TM                         WWENG2.SYS

So, MNENG4.SYS seems to be the most important miss in my collection...

Thanks to everyone, :)
G.

P.S. If you see anything wrong, let me know! :)

Thanks. That was a great summary.
We should just make them all available on HECnet as well. Care to send me copies? Or do someone already have all of them available? Like I said before, a few of them are already on MIM.