[HECnet] Reviving the DECnet on TOPS-10 project

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Tue May 14 21:55:21 PDT 2013

On Tue, 14 May 2013, G. wrote:

On Tue, 14 May 2013 15:58:59 -0000, you wrote:

It looks like I'm not linking something in to the monitor or not enabling
a certain feature.   It'd be helpful if TWONKY provided the output from the
MONGEN dialogue...

In one of your past messages I've seen the output of one of your MONGENs, but
had no time to check it. The only thing I've noticed is that there seem to be
no defaults provided by the program itself, or at least not in the help text.

MONGEN for 7.04 monitors is somewhat different because it was simplified and
made more clear, but the relevant settings are still all there. The following
is the output in MIC format (that is an executable script) of my standard
MONGEN which works flawlessy. I do not remember anymore where I took values
from for parameters where no default is used, anyway it does its thing. I have
not forgotten everything, so if you have questions try to ask me. :)

Here it is:

..RUN MONGEN
;Write MONGEN.MIC (YES,NO)
*Y
;MONGEN for 704 monitors
;
;MONGEN   will   generate   any   known TOPS-10 configuration.   For information
;about which configurations are supported, please refer to the SPD.
;
;/HELP (PROMPT,SHORT,LONG)
*PROMPT
;Which GEN (SYS,F)
*SYS
;Output(DSK:SYSCNF.MAC)
*DSK:SYSCNF.MAC
;DECsystem10 (KL,KS)
*KL
;CPUs (1,1-6)
*1
;System name
*T10 DECnet node DIECI
;CPU0 serial number (1-10000)
*2034
;Exclude monitor overhead from user run time (YES,NO)
*YES
;EBOX/MBOX runtime accounting (YES,NO)
*YES
;Exclude PI time from user runtime (YES,NO)
*YES
;Account verification (YES,NO)
*YES
;MOS memory (YES,NO)
*YES
;Autoconfigured device options:
;   Include SCA (NO,YES,PROMPT)
*NO
;   Include Ethernet service (NO,YES,PROMPT)
*YES
;   Include SA10 device support (NO,YES,PROMPT)
*NO
;   Include RP01/2/3 disks (NO,YES,PROMPT)
*NO
;   Include Swapping drums (NO,YES,PROMPT)
*NO
;   Include RS04/5 Massbus disks (NO,YES,PROMPT)
*NO
;   Prompt for RP0x/RM0x Massbus disks (NO,YES)
*NO
;   Include DX20/RP20 disks (NO,YES,PROMPT)
*NO
;   Include TM02/TM03 magtapes (NO,YES,PROMPT)
*YES
;   Include DX10/TX01/TX02 tapes (NO,YES,PROMPT)
*NO
;   Include DX20/TX02 tapes (NO,YES,PROMPT)
*NO
;   Include TM78/TU78/TU79 magtapes (NO,YES,PROMPT)
*NO
;   Include TM10B magtapes (NO,YES,PROMPT)
*NO
;   Include TC10C magtapes (NO,YES,PROMPT)
*NO
;   Include BA10/LP100 printers (NO,YES,PROMPT)
*NO
;   Include CFE/LP20 printers (NO,YES,PROMPT)
*NO
;   Include XY10 plotters (NO,YES,PROMPT)
*NO
;   Include CR10 card readers (NO,YES,PROMPT)
*NO
;   Include CFE/CD20 card readers (NO,YES,PROMPT)
*NO
;   Include CP10/CP10D card punches (NO,YES,PROMPT)
*NO
;   Include PC04 paper tape punches (NO,YES,PROMPT)
*NO
;   Include PC04 paper tape readers (NO,YES,PROMPT)
*NO
;Types of DTE service to load:
;   Load ANF-10 DTE service (YES,NO)
*NO
;   Load IBMCOMM DTE service (YES,NO)
*NO
;   Load DECnet DTE service (YES,NO)
*YES
;   Configure old terminal scanners (NO,YES)
*NO
;   How many RSX-20F TTYs on CPU0 (0,0-128)
*0
;
;   OPR octal line number (CTY,0-3)
*CTY
;   Data set lines
*
;
;Number of Jobs (1-511)
*120
;Maximum pages of core for each job (0,0-16384)
*0
;Total amount of system core in K (512-4096)
*4096
;Number of real-time devices (0,0-77)
*0
;Allow jobs to be locked in core (YES,NO)
*YES
;Guaranteed number of pages for unlocked jobs (0,0-16384)
*10
;Number of pages reserved for locking jobs in Exec Virtual Memory (10,0-?)
*50
;Number of high priority interrupt queues (0,0-15)
*15
;Meter (NO,YES)
*NO
;KASER (NO,YES)
*NO
;MPXSER (YES,NO)
*YES
;PSISER (YES,NO)
*YES
;IPCF (YES,NO)
*YES
;ENQ/DEQ (YES,NO)
*YES
;Disk sets (ALL)
*ALL
;Configure non-autoconfigured hardware (NO,YES)
*NO
;Number of PTYs (20,1-505)
*20
;Network software (YES,NO)
*YES
;Node name
*DIECI
;Number of remote TTYs (485,0-485)
*485
;ANF-10 software (YES,NO)
*NO
;DECnet software (YES,NO)
*YES
;   Node name (DIECI)
*DIECI
;   Area number of central site (1,1-63)
*1
;   Node number of central site (1,1-1023)
*1010
;   Router type (ROUTING,NONROUTING)
*NONROUTING
;   Transmit password (DECNET20)
*
;   Remote terminals (YES,NO)
*YES
;LAT software (YES,NO)
*YES
;   Node name (DIECI)
*DIECI
;   Number of circuits (20,1-100)
*20
;   Service groups
*0
;Decimal "symbol,value"
*MSGMAX,596
*%DLBSZ,1428
*%RTBSZ,1428
*%RTTM3,90000   ;90*1000
*
;Octal "symbol,value"
*M.EDIT,1
*DSDRIC,0
*
;SIXBIT "symbol,value"
*
;Type "device-mnemonic,PI-channel" for special devices
*
;Type "device-mnemonic,PI-channel,no.-of-devices"
*
;Type "device-mnemonic,PI-channel,highest-ac-to-save"
*
;Type "ersatz-device,P,Pn,search-list-type"
*
;Type "command-name,dispatch,flags,unique-bits,PRVTAB-name"
*PATH,,RUNFLG,UNIQ.2,
*
;Terminal class
*
;Additional terminals for classes:
;Class to extend
*
;System default terminal type (TTY)
*TTY
;Which GEN (SYS,F)
*F
;Output(DSK:F.MAC)
*DSK:F.MAC
;Feature set (KL10,KS10)
*KL10
;Standard settings (YES,NO)
*YES
;Which GEN (SYS,F)
=^Z

HTH,
G.

Are some of your specifically-defined decimal values and similar REQUIRED?

I followed that MONGEN almost exactly and OPR.EXE STILL can't be run!

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net/ Personal stuff