[HECnet] Reviving the DECnet on TOPS-10 project

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Tue May 14 20:10:50 PDT 2013

On Tue, 14 May 2013, Cory Smelosky wrote:

On Tue, 14 May 2013, Cory Smelosky wrote:

On Tue, 14 May 2013, G. wrote:

On Tue, 14 May 2013 08:00:52 -0000, you wrote:

Unfortunately it only /mostly/ works.

MARLEY TOPS-10 03:23:12 CTY system 1
Connected to Node MARLEY(0) Line # 632
[Checking terminal type . . . found VT100]
..LOGIN 1,2
..R OPR

[CCPWFD Waiting for file daemon to start]
%%TTY STOMPER - Starting

And it stalls right there unless I repeatedly hit Ctrl/C...

That happened to me more than once with some older pre-built monitors, then
went away when I did my own install and build of 7.04, so I do not have a
solution, and at the time I hadn't any knowledge about TOPS-10. That does not
mean that now I'm very proficient on it, but...

I have the reverse issue, surprisingly.   The monitor provided with TWONKY
works fine, but my generated monitors do not work with it.

Upon further investigation, the problem is with OPR.EXE.   It WILL NOT
execute on my generated monitor.   The one provided with TWONKY works fine
though.

.... Make sure that ORION and other Galaxy processes are all there and that
none of them shows a "^C" or "TO" status (IIRC). Also compare processes
between TWONKY and your installation and see if there are any differences.

It looks like I'm not linking something in to the monitor or not enabling
a certain feature.   It'd be helpful if TWONKY provided the output from the
MONGEN dialogue...

OPR is just a client that talks to a daemon process so maybe it just stalls
because the daemon is not working, not responding, or not there.

Compare contents of SYS:SYSJOB.INI too.

HTH,
G.

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net/ Personal stuff

http://pastebin.com/cAEXpme9

Not sure what I'm doing wrong as to what's keeping it from...doing
anything. (I'm fairly certain what's happening is that it's not outputting
to CTY)

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net/ Personal stuff
http://gimme-sympathy.org Experiments

Progress!

DECnet works...but OPR.EXE still can't be run.