[HECnet] Reviving the DECnet on TOPS-10 project

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Wed May 15 22:47:12 PDT 2013

On Wed, 15 May 2013, G. wrote:

On Wed, 15 May 2013 20:40:01 -0000, you wrote:

Disregard,   I made some changed to accounting and everything seems
operational now.   I can't SET KSYS, but every single other thing works!

KSYS requires BATCON, so maybe there is something wrong with that. Do you have
tweaked your SYS:SYSTEM.CMD file and set the right permissions?

It should contain at least something like this to enable batch processing:

SET BATCH-STREAM 0 TIME-LIMIT 0:10
SET BATCH-STREAM 1 TIME-LIMIT 0:60
SET BATCH-STREAM 2 TIME-LIMIT 10:100000
START BATCH-STREAM 0:2

SET BATCH-STREAM 0:3 NOOPR-INTERVENTION
SET BATCH-STREAM 0 TIME-LIMITS 0:300
SET BATCH-STREAM 1 TIME-LIMITS 0:600
SET BATCH-STREAM 2 TIME-LIMITS 600:6000
SET BATCH-STREAM 3 TIME-LIMITS 0:6000
SET BATCH-STREAM 3 PRIORITY 20:63
START BATCH-STREAM 0:3

is the system.cmd i'm using (stolen from TWONKY)

RUN BATCON seems to not start.   It might need started earlier though.

And something like this to enable remote DECnet file access:

SET FAL-STREAM 0 NETWORK DECNET
SET FAL-STREAM 1 NETWORK DECNET
SET FAL-STREAM 2 NETWORK DECNET
DEFINE FILE-ACCESS DEFAULT-PPN [377777,377777]
START FAL-STREAM 0:2

Those I WILL add though.

You may want to try these commands at the OPR> prompt before putting them into
the SYS:SYSTEM.CMD file.

Status of MARLEY TOPS-10 MONITOR at 16:39:09 on 15-May-113

Uptime 43:17, 114% Null time = 114% Idle + 0% Lost, 1% Overhead

More than 100% is not very good. It happened to me with a monitor that was
unable to keep time: try some DAYTIME commands in a couple of minutes and
check if it says the correct wall clock time or not...

It's off by about 30 seconds to a minute...not unexpected due to manually setting the time.

  9       [OPR]         751                         5             ^C                         0

This does not seem very good too: it's not detached, it's running nothing, and
it's in "^C" state... Maybe it's a stale BATCON process?

Yeah, that's a stale job.

HTH,
G.

--