[HECnet] DECSERVER 300 software?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Tue May 7 20:35:35 PDT 2013

On 2013-05-07 21:33, Sampsa Laine wrote:

On 7 May 2013, at 21:30, Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com> wrote:

On 7 May 2013, at 21:28, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:

Did you remember to tell for the service, which terminal port it should use? Did you remember to, on that port, set access to remote?

AHHHHH I forgot the access = remote bit.

I'll probably migrate from the 200 to the 300 tomorrow. It's a cool little box and the fact I can telnet to it is a plus.

sampsa

WTF:

Local> define port 1 access remote
Local> set port 1 access remote
Local -729- Parameter cannot be modified by a SET or CHANGE command

Then:

Local> show port 1

Port   1: foo                                                     Server: LAT_08002B1BDF1D

Character Size:                       8                     Input Speed:                             9600
Flow Control:                       XON                     Output Speed:                           9600
Parity:                                 None                     Signal Control:               Disabled
Stop Bits:                     Dynamic

Access:                               Local                     Local Switch:                           None
Backwards Switch:             None                     Name:                                       PORT_1
Break:                                 Local                     Session Limit:                               4
Forwards Switch:               None                     Type:                                           Ansi
Default Protocol:               LAT

Preferred Service: None

Authorized Groups:     0
(Current)   Groups:     0

Enabled Characteristics:
Autoprompt,   Broadcast,   Failover,   Input Flow Control,   Lock,
Loss Notification,   Message Codes,   Output Flow Control,
Remote Modification,   Verification

So... Log out from port 1! How do you expect it to be able to change while being logged in?