[HECnet] Italian DECnet...

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sat May 4 16:56:51 PDT 2013

On 2013-04-23 19:44, Tim Sneddon wrote:
Hi,

I know there had been discussion before about bringing these two together. Although, I must admit that I didn't pay too much attention to what went on, just that I don't think it happened. So, tell me to get lost if this has been suggested or if nobody cares...

Now that we have Cisco routers and DECbrouters on the network, has anyone considered connecting a GRE tunnel into their network and then using the DECnet address translation gateway in IOS to map their network to an area we allocate specifically for them. That way there is no merging as such, just a bit of "gluing".

To make a short follow up on this. I have not heard anything from our Italian friends, and I think one big reason why this have never happened is that there never seem to have been a big interest in it.

Sorry, but it's not something I have any power over. :-(