[HECnet] How to VMR S/A BRUSYS???

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Tue May 7 17:41:17 PDT 2013

You cannot set up a disk to boot BRUSYS from scratch.

  Sorry, maybe I didn't make it clear but this ISN'T what I want to do.   I'm
perfectly happy with booting the real RSX on DL0 (which works fine now) and
then saying "BOO [6,54]BRUSYS".   That works great on DU0 - the BRUSYS boots,
asks the usual "enter the first device...", "enter the second device..."
dialog, and then you can run BAD, INI, BRU and I don't know what else.

  But the copy of BRUSYS.SYS on DL0 doesn't work.   You can boot it (using
BOO, just like above) and it'll ask for the first and second devices as
usual.   But then once it's booted none of the tasks work - running INI, BAD,
BRU all produce MCR errors (it says "MCR - error nn"; I forget the exact
number, but I could boot it up again and see if you need to know).

Bob