[HECnet] OT: Trip to London

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Tue May 7 17:40:02 PDT 2013

"Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-" <system at TMESIS.COM> writes:

Brian Hechinger <wonko at 4amlunch.net> writes:

I'm starting a new job. Part of that is being trained on their
application that I'll be supporting.

The training will be taking place in the office in London.

For all of you EU-ers who'll be in London, near London or within
reasonable travel distance to London the week of June 3rd contact me
off-list. I'd love the chance to meet up with people.

Brian, I won't be in London but I just took my friend to EWR last evening
so he could fly home to London.   After he was made redundant in VISA's IT
dept a decade ago, he became a tour guide and is presently working in the
Royal Muse at Buckingham Palace.   If you'd like a nice tour of the Palace
and, later, London's watering holes, I can fix you up with him.

Is this your first trip to London? .UK?   Europe?

FYI, his name is Keith Waye.   He's quoted in this brief article on the Royal
Wedding.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/royal-wedding/8481190/Royal-Wedding-will-married-life-get-off-to-a-bumpy-start-in-the-glass-coach.html>

Here is also some more information about him:

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/doyousee

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG