[HECnet] Are attachments allowed here?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri May 3 16:56:24 PDT 2013

On 2013-05-03 17:49, Gregg Levine wrote:
Hello!
I have a collection of DCL items that do something. They were
downloaded the same time period as that version of E11. As near as I
can recall the enclosed DCL file insists that it is for a mail list
along the lines of the annoying listserve ones or the equally famous
for being confusing Majordomo or even the cantankerous but not rude
Mailman. And assorted other utilities.

Since then I didn't have access to a running VAX system then   I never
did anything with them. So I want to provide them to the group in
hopes that someone can understand and make use of them.

Now the DCL file's notes on that grouping inside the late GENIE
insisted that's what it was. I suspect that it is not.

I don't own any of them. they belonged to whoever was foolish enough
to upload them there and forget them.

So Johnny is there a problem with my attaching the 55K zip file to the
next e-mail message in this thread from me which will contain them? Or
do I need to work on some other method?

I prefer to keep distribution of software elsewhere. What's wrong with just putting them on a machine on HECnet, and point people there?