[HECnet] Telnet/SSH attacks

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Thu Nov 28 15:27:42 PST 2013

Took out another 5 or so attackers today, actually reported one Asterisk PBX (weird, right) to their hosting company in the US, figured they are compromised.

All of the hosts I've scanned are basically compromised systems, some poor guys server or the latest one, a NAS unit with all its management ports accessible through the Internet.

I think we'll need some kind of driving license system for running servers at some point, this botnet stuff is just ridiculous :)

sampsa	<sampsa at mac.com>
mobile +44 7961 149465