[HECnet] Fun and Games: Only one month left on the CHIMPY:: Tetris Challenge 2013!

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Thu Nov 28 11:41:42 PST 2013

Guys, I'm running a VT100 Tetris competition on CHIMPY::.

There's actual prizes and everything! You get a Tetris
Ninja certificate along with the stuff listed below.

If you DO get a high score (1st or 2nd place) PLEASE
screenshot the name entry screen and email it to
tetris at sampsa.com

Access: telnet to chimpy.sampsa.com, log in as tetris

Prizes / General Blurb
======================
CHIMPY:: VT100 (well VT220 if you have it) Tetris challenge relaunched!

Last year's winner never claimed his price, my suspicions being that he didn't
trust banker's drafts from obscure countries like the United Kingdom of Great
Britain and Northern Ireland.

So this year the price has not only been increased in total monetary value,
but it is issued in CASH. That's right, the winner will get LL 25,000
(TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND LEBANESE POUNDS), a reliable currency issued
by a known entity*, unlike the RBS Group.

The runner up will get EGP 35 (THIRTY FIVE EGYPTIAN POUNDS).

So get your VT220 client out, telnet to CHIMPY.SAMPSA.COM, and log in as
TETRIS.

We will be posting more or less frequent updates about the state of play.

* No seriously, the Lebanese Pound is dollar-pegged and hasn't been devalued
for like ever. Even during the July War it didn't drop.

sampsa	<sampsa at mac.com>
mobile +44 7961 149465