[HECnet] Node data update

Steve Davidson jeep at scshome.net
Sun Nov 17 08:55:51 PST 2013

Johnny,

How much effort would be involved for your procedures to send email to a
distribution list announcing a change to the network database?   I could
hook that at my end to the running of NetUpdateV2.COM which already
makes use of the file NODENAMES.DAT, that the current procedure
produces.   The subject would have to be unique so that the parser could
deal with it.   A mail message that looked something like this:

To: @netupdate.dis
Subject: NETUPDATE

Content would be ignored.   To subscribe all anyone would have to do
would be to submit a HECnet email address to you.   I will volunteer one
right now to test with - SGC::SYSTEM.

Regards,

-Steve