[HECnet] Kuiper/Charon X3.1, Platform: Takara @ 500MHz, MOS Operator Control ???

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Wed Nov 6 15:59:01 PST 2013

So the latest Takara Alpha PICMG Industrial PC picked up from eBay last week has a different firmware image to the last one. Apparently it has something to do with VNswitches, but I'm not sure how it would have fitted in to a bigger picture. It looks like at one point it contained three network cards given the errors.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this? It looks like I'm going to have to resort to the technique I performed on the last box when I flashed AlphaBIOS which would then not allow a reflash. I had to set a jumper on the CPU card and create a boot floppy with replacement firmware on.

Looks like the 'MOS Operator Control' prompt is a dead sheriff rather than a dead sergeant!

Regards, Mark.

------ %< ------ %<------ %< ------ %<------ %< ------ %<------ %< ------ %<
Kuiper/Charon X3.1
  Platform: Takara @ 500MHz
  Memory:     64MB

  PCI bus 0 slot   7 fn 0 irq=0000001D : Intel 82378 SIO
DEC 10/100 Mb/s Ethernet start failed: device not found
DEC 10/100 Mb/s Ethernet start failed: device not found
DEC 10/100 Mb/s Ethernet start failed: device not found

Copyright 1995-1996 Digital Equipment Corp.

MOS Operator Control

*?
BREAKPOINT
DIVERT output from process
FLUSH output from process
HALT output from process
INTERCEPT character is
LOGOUT
MEMORY statistics
RAMLOAD
RESTART
RELOAD
STATUS of process(es)
TALK to process
TELNET to IP-Address <this terminal type>
*memory
Number of bytes:   Busy = 51560,   Idle = 2352,   Free = 49553648
*

--
    http://www.wickensonline.co.uk
    http://hecnet.eu