[HECnet] HECnet bridge on tru64

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 19:03:51 PDT 2013

On 16 Oct 2013, at 17:00, Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com> wrote:
This got me thinking, could just customize a Raspian distro to run the bridge.

Download the image, put it on a SD card and boot. Change network settings and
enter uplink details in bridge.conf. bridge runs automatically in a screen
launched by init (respawned if killed, of course).

Instant HECnet-in-a-box :)

That'd be neat. STAR69 runs on a Pi with Raspbian and bridge running out to HECnet so it's totally doable. If you could trim the distro down a bit (well, a lot actually) and make bridge run as a service it'd be neat. If you could get SimH to run as a service with a disconnectable terminal and optional between PDP-11 and VAX that'd be even neater.

Maybe I went a little OTT on that one    a SD card for bridge on a cut-down Pi linux would be a cool start though :)

--

Mark Benson

http://DECtec.info
Twitter: @DECtecInfo