[HECnet] HECnet bridge on tru64

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Tue Oct 15 23:11:29 PDT 2013

On 15/10/2013 22:47, Mark Benson wrote:

On 15 Oct 2013, at 22:00, Mark Wickens <mark at wickensonline.co.uk> wrote:
OK, so given that I have so little time at the moment I'm going to ask a question that I could answer if I had a chance to play.

Does the hecnet bridge compile and run on tru64? I've got 5.1c installed on a machine I'm taking to DEC Legacy and I'd rather not take another linux machine if possible.

I still need to work this out on one of my Tru64 machines so this is all loose theory so bear with me but

Tru64, being a UNIX has the environment required, so that's a start.

You can bootstrap and use NetBSD pakgsrc on Tru64 I THINK. It lists OSF/1 as a supported environment, which I think is their way of saying they support it? I dunno if anyone ever tried it out?

Given bootstrapped pkgsrc you then have all the OSS compiler tools required to compile the bridge binary

????

Profit?

I really ought to get it working properly on my PWS500au and try it for certainty.

--

Mark Benson

http://DECtec.info
Twitter: @DECtecInfo