[HECnet] SSD for Vax

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri Oct 11 13:12:13 PDT 2013

On 2013-10-11 08:13, Mark Benson wrote:

On 11 Oct 2013, at 01:52, Daniel Soderstrom <snaggs at mac.com
<mailto:snaggs at mac.com>> wrote:

http://www.artmix.com/SATA_SCSI_AZMN_II_1.html

This adapter is available on ebay for $149 and he says they work well
in Vaxstations. He also has some which take CF flash cards.

Which is great, but again you run in to the snag that I've never seen a
SATA disk smaller than 40GB and the upper size limit on a VAXstation is
typically 18GB. Somewhat problematic.

Uh? What 18GB limit? I thought we had already established that there is no such limit.

There is a 1GB limit (approx) for the booting device on some older VAXstations, but that's the only limit I'm aware of. (And the limit is somewhat more complicated than that, but anyway...)