[HECnet] SSD for Vax

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Oct 10 20:29:58 PDT 2013

On 10/10/2013 03:03 PM, Brian Hechinger wrote:
I've had limited success with IDE/CF adapters, but there's nothing that
says that shouldn't work. It may not work well, but it should, well, ok,
MIGHT work. :)

Interesting.   CF *is* IDE, just a different connector.

That's what I understood as well. That being said, I have an IDE/CF
adapter here that would regularly KP an OpenBSD box I was trying to run
off of a CF card in it. Got a different one and no longer had that
problem.

It might be a simple problem to solve, but obviously there are people
who are unable to solve it correctly. :)

  That sounds like an OpenBSD issue to me.   The interfaces are indeed
identical (I've designed stuff to talk to them at the raw logic level),
the only differences are the connector and the requirement that CF
implement the 8-bit transfer mode.   It's optional on IDE.