[HECnet] SSD for Vax

Thu Oct 10 19:59:00 PDT 2013

On Oct 10, 2013, at 2:48 PM, Brian Hechinger <wonko at 4amlunch.net> wrote:

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 07:11:54PM +0100, Mark Benson wrote:

On 10 Oct 2013, at 08:17, Daniel Soderstrom <snaggs at mac.com> wrote:

Has anyone tries this? Running my Vaxstation non-stop reminds me how much noise these old drives make.

Has anyone tried SSD drives? Must be good for the PSU it terms of heat and current draw.

This set me off thinking. I have a CF to IDE adapter (40-pin + floppy power, not 44-pin) somewhere   and a SCSIDE adapter. I wonder if I could Solid-State my VS4000/60 with a 2GB CF card    :)

I've had limited success with IDE/CF adapters, but there's nothing that
says that shouldn't work. It may not work well, but it should, well, ok,
MIGHT work. :)

Interesting.   CF *is* IDE, just a different connector.

	paul