[HECnet] FDDI advice

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Thu Oct 10 18:01:06 PDT 2013

On Thu, 10 Oct 2013, Brian Hechinger wrote:

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 12:36:47PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
On 10/10/2013 10:29 AM, Brian Hechinger wrote:
All this talk of FDDI makes me want to go get the 4000/500s. I have a
pair of QBus FDDI cards. I suppose I would have to make the Octane a
router between FDDI and ethernet. :)

  Are any of those 4000/500s mine? ;)

Nope. I picked these up from Villanova University several years ago.

I was interviewing at a place recently and the subject of VAXen came up.

Interviewer: "I remember have an account on a pair of 4000/500s in a
cluster when I was at Villanova years ago."
Me: "Those machines are at my house now!"
Interviewer: "NO WAY!"

I had quite a few machines up
here in your old place at one point.   Don't worry, I'd only be after one
of them, and even that is low-priority at this point.

Going and rescuing all that stuff is something I really want to do one
day. Not anytime soon though. :(

Save me one! ;)

-brian

--