[HECnet] sixel graphics viewer

Erik Olofsen e.olofsen at xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 9 18:28:05 PDT 2013

Hi Sampsa,

At http://rullf2.xs4all.nl/sg/sg.html

type

js> load('monkey.js')
js> display(s$)

It needs 'continue script' once or twice.

:)

Erik

On Tue, Oct 08, 2013 at 04:06:36PM +0200, Sampsa Laine wrote:

On 8 Oct 2013, at 16:03, Erik Olofsen <e.olofsen at xs4all.nl> wrote:

Hi all,

For those interested in Sixels, I ported the code (quick and dirty)
from ftp://ftp.cs.utk.edu/pub/shuford/terminal/all_about_sixels.txt
to Javascript and combined it with Flot and a JQuery terminal:

http://rullf2.xs4all.nl/sg/sg.html

You then get a Javascript terminal, with a display function; some examples:

js> example$
js> display(example$)
js> display(Array(5).join('CA at ACGOG'))
js> display('HECNET')

and

js> display(digital$)

Considering the run time to display the latter image, photos should
perhaps not be too detailed...

Cool - any change you could add my logo (B&W picture of angry monkey from Family Guy)?

That would totally make my day.