[HECnet] OpenVMS 6.1 Cluster - Alpha not booting to form cluster

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Tue Oct 8 10:28:47 PDT 2013

Just wondered if anyone would know why my Alpha when booting hangs at the point where it attempting to determine whether to join or form a VMS cluster? It is clustered with a VAX - if I boot the VAX first the VAX creates a cluster which the Alpha will then happily join when turned on, but if I power the Alpha without the VAX it just hangs.

Both are running an install straight from an original VMS 6.1 installation disk.

Regards, Mark.

--
    http://www.wickensonline.co.uk
    http://hecnet.eu