[HECnet] EISNER:: ?

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Tue Oct 8 16:10:53 PDT 2013

On Tue, 8 Oct 2013, Mark Wickens wrote:

On 08/10/2013 06:24, Cory Smelosky wrote:
On Tue, 8 Oct 2013, Daniel Soderstrom wrote:
Oh.. I thought that somehow LAT was routable over DECnet. I thought I remember in the old days some remote sites just had a terminal server and a couple of terminals. Many beers ago.
So, I could go from the DECserver to my local vax, and then bounce out?
That's what I do.   (Well, DECserver to a FreeBSD box, and then to the world if I want to send email...like this particular one was sent from a VT320 on a DECserver 200/MC)

Last night I was basking in the glow of an orange VT320 as I used that and a DECserver to get around HECNET.
AFAIR Johnny's bridge is capable of forwarding LAT so I can see a load of services on the DECSERVER if I type SHOW SERVICE.

Orange VT320?   Mine is green.   Neat!

I also noticed that SET HOST LA75, which is meant to be a printer port on the DECSERVER in the basement gave me SYSTEM access to SLAVE. Woops, a little reconfiguration required there!

Yup. ;)

Regards, Mark.
Daniel.