[HECnet] EISNER:: ?

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Tue Oct 8 13:44:12 PDT 2013

I remember you calling into CHIMPY with that 2400 baud Amstrad thing, good times.

But the Nokia 9210 is actually pretty cool, V.110 is like wireless ISDN plus if the other side has an analogue modem, the operator has a modem pool that converts the signal.

Ideal for this use I think (next to zero operating costs, easy connection, flexible, can't get hit by lightning*)

* Seriously, the place in Hila has taken a few harsh hits during storms, the electrical system was protected but the telephone wiring wasn't, high voltage jumps from PSTN to Skype base station to switch via ethernet, 1000+ euros damage. So we decided to take all the telephone wiring out and just use Skype. Nobody has noticed any difference.

sampsa	<sampsa at mac.com>
mobile +358 40 7208932