[HECnet] DEC Salle 1987

Tim Sneddon tim at sneddon.id.au
Tue Oct 8 03:29:22 PDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 10:22 AM, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:
On Tue, 8 Oct 2013, Sampsa Laine wrote:

On 8 Oct 2013, at 01:52, Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com> wrote:

Do we have an intranet site only accessible via DECnet? I dont put any (much) personal information on the net.

Daniel.

That's what I'm trying to do with the "Dropbox" on CHIMPY:: - anyone can add or view files, but not delete or edit them. Just not sure what the correct security setting for the directory should be...

Is this type of security option on a dir possible? I can't figure out how to set it up, but somebody amongst you gurus must know :)

You can set RWE for world set on the directory by default, but have a script periodically set all files to w:RE only.   There's probably a better way to do it, though.

That sounds pretty, well, yuck.

Not that I have given it much thought you would likely be able to achieve this sort of environment using ACLs.   I recommend checking out the VMS security manual.

Regards, Tim.