[HECnet] DEC Salle 1987

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Tue Oct 8 06:24:44 PDT 2013

That sounds pretty, well, yuck.

I prefer the "outside the box" approach to solving problems. ;)   Weird > elegant in my book usually.

Not that I have given it much thought you would likely be able to achieve
this sort of environment using ACLs.   I recommend checking out the VMS
security manual.

Do ACLs like that carry over DECnet?   I seem to recall Brian S. saying they don't.

Guys, I decided to go with a more or less free-for-all environment, I'll make batch job that will set the FILE/PROT to W:RE every couple of hours but right now, CHIMPY::[.DROPBOX] is open to everyone.

BTW, the SAMPSA*.* images are me, I think this "Faces of HECnet" project would be cool.

sampsa