[HECnet] FYI: UUHECNET gateway now officially open

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Tue Oct 8 06:47:36 PDT 2013

On Tue, 8 Oct 2013, Sampsa Laine wrote:

Thanks to Cory's efforts and the advice of the community, we finally rigged up a VMS box to talk to UUHECNET directly.

There's actual RS-232 involved, too.   Along with a utility named "ser2net".

The address format is:

	MOIRA::uucp%"host!host!etc!username"

Most hosts are connected to b4gate, so a bangpath starting with b4gate will probably get your message delivered.

I've tested this with originating a message from RSTS/E (9.7) and CHIMPY. Replies in all directions work.

The UUHECnet relay will work properly for all once Johnny updates 9.1 to MOIRA, nukes the current MOIRA, and everyone pulls the current database.

Replies from UUHECNET also work.

Sampsa

--
Cory Smelosky