[HECnet] Evil VMS Quotas?

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Mon Oct 7 16:37:29 PDT 2013

On Mon, 7 Oct 2013, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:

Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> writes:

On Mon, 7 Oct 2013, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:

Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> writes:

On Mon, 7 Oct 2013, Jordi Guillaumes i Pons wrote:

Any chance you have got two different DCLTABLES in SYS$COMMON and SYS$SPECIFIC?

I'd answer if I could find where in sys$common and sys$specific they
are...

DCLTABLES is an executable.   It's a mapped image section.   It's name is
DCLTABLES.EXE and it should be in the common root of SYS$LIBRARY.   Thus,
you should be looking in SYS$COMMON:[SYSLIB].   If you have DCLTABLES.EXE
in SYS$SPECIFIC:[SYSLIB], strange things (ie. unpredictable results) can
occur when products add their command definitions to DCLTABLES.EXE.

Looks like I don't have a DCLTABLES.EXE in SYS$SPECIFIC.

The question then begs to be asked, why do you think your command
definitions are changing or being deleted.

Well, after the install, or random subsequent logins CC, COBOL, FORTRAN, or PASCAL all were valid commands.   Now after subsequent reboots/logins they are not.

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff