[HECnet] Evil VMS Quotas?

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Mon Oct 7 12:02:42 PDT 2013

Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> writes:

On Mon, 7 Oct 2013, Cory Smelosky wrote:

Hello,

After the reinstall to 7.3 I've made progress!   UUCP no longer gives quota
exceeded errors...it just gives a message about it having aborted.
Nothing else is in the debug logs.

Enable image accounting and see what is left in there after UUCP aborts.

CC, Pascal, COBOL, and FORTRAN also
seem to be in DCLTABLES for awhile...but after I log out they're no longer
listed. WTF?

How are you "listing" CC, Pascal and Fortran verbs in DCLTABLES?   Where
is DCLTABLES.EXE on your system?   It should reside in SYS$COMMON[SYSLIB].

I've run their requisite startup scripts!   How the hell did
I break DCLTABLES?

What makes you think that you did?

(I've increased the page table limits in case they
were getting full.   I'm also getting no debug info related to this,
either)

At least the quota issues disappeared. ;)

Let's assume you have no need for your prior accounting information...

$ SET ACCOUNTING/NEW_FILE/ENABLE=IMAGE

Execute the UUCP command(s) which fail.

$ ACCOUNTING/SINCE=TODAY

Post that output and let's see if there's anything revealing in there.

Also, you can $ SET ACCOUNTING/DISABLE=IMAGE because /ENABLE=IMAGE can
become a resource hog.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG