[HECnet] OpenVMS on VAXstation 4000/60

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Thu Oct 3 00:58:57 PDT 2013

On Wed, 2 Oct 2013, Dave McGuire wrote:

On 10/02/2013 06:57 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
Write it directly.

Backup can do that right?   I don't have to right disk images to disk in
VMS too often. ;)

No.   This is what I've done to write tape images to tapes:

$ INIT/ERASE MUA0: ""
$ MOUNT/FOREIGN/BLOCK=512 MUA0:
$ COPY <filename> MUA0:
$ DISMOUNT/UNLOAD MUA0:

Can anyone (Brian S?) say if this will work with disk as the
destination device as well?   I'd guess yes, but I haven't done it
myself, at least not recently enough that I remember.

                    -Dave

Crap.   My only good disk (the quantum was DEAD++ it seems) is just about 60M too small.   Which is weird as the drive says it's 2G despite on the casing.

Meaning I can either copy the files off manually to a blank disk...or I can stick with VMS 6.3 instead of 7.3. ;)

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff