[HECnet] OpenVMS on VAXstation 4000/60

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Wed Oct 2 23:37:23 PDT 2013

yOn Wed, 2 Oct 2013, Cory Smelosky wrote:

On Wed, 2 Oct 2013, Dave McGuire wrote:

On 10/02/2013 06:05 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
Otherwise, if you have a spare SCSI disk, you could dump the
installation
image onto it (e.g. with dd) and use it as if it were a CD-ROM.
I hae a spare SCSI disk...but no way to write the image to scsi disk
other than VMS.   The current VMS install albeit touchy would work for
that.

You don't have a random Linux box there with a SCSI interface?

What about the Netra T1-105?   That'd do it.
It doesn't have the correct SCSI interface...I don't have any adapters
to toss in SCA drives.

Ahh, screwed by The Connector Conspiracy. :-(

                            -Dave

Yup.   Same damn protocol, different interfaces.

Yet I have a drive that shows up as /7/ different 1.05G disks.   With a different device number assigned to each.   Along with my 2G drive showing up as 600M

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff