[HECnet] OpenVMS on VAXstation 4000/60

Ian McLaughlin ian at platinum.net
Wed Oct 2 23:05:32 PDT 2013

On Oct 2, 2013, at 3:00 PM, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if your problem turns out to be related to the block size. DEC machines wants disks (including CD) to have 512 byte blocks. A majority of CD drives do 2048 byte blocks. Not compatible.

If it doesn't have a physical sector-size jumper, it won't work.   I've never met a compatible drive that didn't have the jumper.   By the way, this is the same type of drive needed for an old Sun Sparcstation, if you have one of those lying around...

Ian