[HECnet] OpenVMS on VAXstation 4000/60

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Wed Oct 2 22:17:57 PDT 2013

Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> writes:

On Wed, 2 Oct 2013, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:

Depends...

Issue a "SHOW DEVICE" at the dead sargent and post the output.

Well...this could explain a bit: I was burning at 24x and throwing those
discs at a 12x drive.

:rolleyes:

That generally has no correlation whatsoever.   What's important is whether
or not the CD-rom can read the recordable media you're using.   Some record-
able media works better than other in older CD-rom drives.

BTW, the drive you have installed, is it jumpered for 512 byte blocks???

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG