[HECnet] OpenVMS on VAXstation 4000/60

Kari Uusim ki uusimaki at exdecfinland.org
Wed Oct 2 21:32:54 PDT 2013

On 2.10.2013 23:27, Cory Smelosky wrote:
On Wed, 2 Oct 2013, Kari Uusim  ki wrote:

On 2.10.2013 23:11, Cory Smelosky wrote:

Hello,

I finally managed yo get a console working on this...so I want to get it

on to HECnet again

However when booting from CD-ROM: %SYSBOOT-E-System version mismatch

found EXEC_INIT.EXE

What am I forgetting to do?

It would be much easier to diagnose if you would describe how you are
doing

the boot, with which parameters and in which phase you get the error
message.

Even better to post the whole booting session output from your console.

Simply: boot dka300   (DKA300 is the CD-ROM)

It does this shortly after loading the boot images.   7.2 gets
further...but it BUGCHKs before entering BACKUP.

Are you sure you have the SCSI bus intact and terminated accordingly?
And your installation media (CD-ROM) is known to be working?

Kari