[HECnet] HECnet cisco not updating?

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Sun Oct 6 00:03:46 PDT 2013

On Sat, Oct 05, 2013 at 11:13:49AM -0400, Cory Smelosky wrote:

Morning all,

Are the scripts not running?   I updated DNS to reflect my IP change
several days ago, didn't receive an email, and can't reach the rest of
HECnet.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./gen_cisco_tunnels.py", line 332, in <module>
      send_emails(tunnels, reason)
  File "./gen_cisco_tunnels.py", line 219, in send_emails
      s.sendmail(from_email, tun.email, msg.as_string())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.3/smtplib.py", line 759, in sendmail
      raise SMTPSenderRefused(code, resp, from_addr)
smtplib.SMTPSenderRefused: (451, b'4.1.8 Domain of sender address
hecnet at 4amlunch.net does not resolve', 'HECnet Cisco Config Tool <hecnet at 4amlunch.net>')

DNS broke. My script handles that very poorly it seems. Emails are sent
before SNMP is pushed.

DNS is fixed but the mail server complaining in this case isn't aware of
that yet it seems.

I'll fix the code to gracefully handle this.

-brian