[HECnet] MMJ to DB9 serial adapter

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sun Oct 6 09:16:33 PDT 2013

Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2013 17:45:26 +0200
From: bqt at softjar.se
To: hecnet at Update.UU.SE
CC: mholmes10 at hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [HECnet] MMJ to DB9 serial adapter

On 2013-10-05 01:16, Michael Holmes wrote:
I tired hooking up my multisync monitor I have hooked up to my DEC 3000, but I don't think the graphic card is set to a setting within the monitor's range, as nothing shows up.

Do the DEC 3000 have a VGA port?

No it has a 3W3 port and the cable outputs to BNC connectors.
One built-in and one on the add-on graphic card.

Aha. So it's video signal with sync on green. You need to have a monitor that can handle this. Many today don't...
That is most likely your problem, and not frequencies...