[HECnet] VT-62?

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Thu Oct 3 20:03:55 PDT 2013

On 3 Oct 2013, at 20:51, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

On 10/03/2013 01:20 PM, lee.gleason at comcast.net wrote:
The terminals themselves were just largish monitors and keyboard with
an LSI11 system built in (an 11/03 or 11/2 - wasn't an 11/23, they were
too new).

Yup.   That's why I'm drooling.   I like that idea a lot.

I'm not too interested in that very-vertical-market-sounding
experience.   I just like the idea of a small PDP-11 inside a rather
iconic terminal that I can download arbitrary code into.   It'd be fun.

What I would LOVE is a VT180, basically VT102 + 8080 CPU running CP/M.

I've always been a CP/M fan for some odd reason :)

Come to think of it, I'd probably buy a DEC Rainbow if I came across on
that has three modes I think (VT100/8080/8088)..

sampsa