[HECnet] VT-62?

lee.gleason at comcast.net lee.gleason at comcast.net
Thu Oct 3 18:20:30 PDT 2013

   The terminals themselves were just largish monitors and keyboard with an LSI11 system built in (an 11/03 or 11/2 - wasn't an 11/23, they were too new).

   Even if you had one now, the magic was in the software that was downloaded from the TMS system, and the server side stuff that ran on the host 11. Without a TMS11 system to attach to, it would just be a bulky LSI11 system with no disk. Now, if you added a disk, and upgraded the processor, it would be the basis for an interesting desktop system - but it wouldn't provide the real VT71/72 experience.

--
Lee K. Gleason N5ZMR
Control-G Consultants
lee.gleason at comcast.net