[HECnet] VT-62?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Oct 2 23:44:39 PDT 2013

On 10/02/2013 06:09 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
There is MicroEMACS, which is really easy to port around (I have it
running on RSX).

  I used MicroEMACS when I did a lot of DOS development in the 1980s.   I
also ran it for awhile (until I got GNU Emacs built) on a 3B1.

  Then I ran across an amazingly nice emacs implementation called
"Freemacs".   It's DOS-only, written in assembler, but like GNU Emacs, it
is just an editor core plus primitives, with higher-level functions
written in an interpreted language.   Freemacs' language is called
"Mint", and it's sorta Lisp-like, but not really Lisp.   (one could say
that GNU Emacs' elisp isn't really Lisp either, but..)

  If you do anything DOS-related at all, and are an emacs person, I
recommend Freemacs wholeheartedly.   It really is very, very nice.