[HECnet] VT-62?

lee.gleason at comcast.net lee.gleason at comcast.net
Wed Oct 2 18:17:03 PDT 2013

>   What I'm curious about is why EDT never appeared under RT-11. (or did
>it?)   KED is respectable, but EDT is pure heaven.

   I agree - my favorite editor.   But, the first version or two, as delivered with RSTS at least, was a hellish mode based thing - like VI, you had to constantly switch between insert and edit modes, and if you forgot which mode you were in and hit a keypad key at the wrong time, all hell would break loose.

   I tried it and used EDI instead, until the later version of EDT came out - limited as EDI   was, it was far more predictable and didn't tend to go wild as easily.

--
Lee K. Gleason N5ZMR
Control-G Consultants
lee.gleason at comcast.net