[HECnet] Humour - Unix Haters Guide now up on CHIMPY:: !

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Oct 4 03:32:17 PDT 2013

On 10/03/2013 10:25 PM, Joe Ferraro wrote:
Yeah I may. I don't really have much o a place for it. A year or two
ago I was walking around through old datacenters on site and found
much of a buried 11/780. I wiped off the broken flourscent bulbs that
were laying on top of it, petted it in a joking amber (well, mostly
jokingly) and left the room. Not sure if it was scrapped or is still
there.

  Yow.

  Go check.   I'll show up with a truck.   (assuming you're in the USA)

Anyhow I did cart off a micro pdp 11/87 (?!?) that looked like it had
never been powered on (racked with about 20 others). Got a gate pass
for it but never brought it home hoping id soon be able to find a pdp
/ Vax implementation on FPGA soon and forgo the storage and power
(fire hazard?!?).

  Fire hazard??

  And I assume you mean 11/83.   But that's a very small, relatively
low-power-consumption machine.   Go grab it!