[HECnet] New mailing list - HECnet Random :)

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Thu Oct 3 01:18:52 PDT 2013

I don't mind a little social life here, and I think the latest threads shows as much. I occasionally contact individuals when I think it is going too far, but I don't do that much policing at the moment.

However, if the list would to get 200 new subscribers in short order, who were more looking for a social channel than technical discussions, I would definitely have to clamp down. The signal to noise ration is at an acceptable level at the moment, but I don't want it to drop more.

This exactly why I rolled hecnet.random - so people can be politely told to move a thread to a more suitable venue, i.e. hecnet.random or DECTEC.