[HECnet] New mailing list - HECnet Random :)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Oct 3 00:45:45 PDT 2013

On 10/02/2013 07:43 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
What's wrong Cory? Peeved that you did not think of it first?

I think he's peeved because Google Groups blows.   Setting up a mailing
list is not difficult, and we already HAVE an alternate list (dectec)
that just doesn't ever get used for whatever reason.

That and because I can get a mailman list running in about 20 minutes.

  Yup, about 30sec here, four database queries and it's up.   But that's
because I already run a bunch of lists.

  We really don't need ANOTHER one.   We have plenty.   The one where we
all want to talk is the one where talking is not welcome, and the one
that was created specifically FOR talking is the one we never use.

  Lack of a list is not the problem here.