[HECnet] New mailing list - HECnet Random :)

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 00:36:07 PDT 2013

Hello!
Does this mean that your new space would be interested in my wild
attempts at humor aimed at two to three individuals in this space?
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 7:32 PM, Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com> wrote:
I understand BQT's point about keeping the signal/noise ratio good on the main technical HECnet list, but sometimes random conversations start etc. For these cases I created hecnetrandom at googlegroups.com, open to anyone (if spam becomes an issue I'll tighten the security a tad)

This is NOT a replacement for this awesome mailing list that I have enjoyed and learnt many thing from over nearly a decade. I just feel that there is a community spirit in HECnet that would probably be best expressed on another mailing list.

The address for the group is hecnetrandom at googlegroups.com , just send any mail and you will be subscribed to it.

I think this will lower the random noise in the main HECnet list yet could be amusing for the people who enjoy the social aspect of retrocomputing / networking..

sampsa   <sampsa at mac.com>
mobile +358 40 7208932