[HECnet] X11 over DECnet?

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Wed Oct 2 20:30:00 PDT 2013

Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> writes:

On 10/02/2013 03:04 PM, Sampsa Laine wrote:
Reading a manual for a NCD X terminal and it interestingly supports X11 over DECNET.

Anybody have much experience with this?

I ran it very briefly between a MicroVAX-II and a VAXstation-2000 a
long time ago, just to play with it.   It was neat when I got it working,
but then it dawned on me that it really wasn't any different from
running it over TCP/IP. ;)

Save that there's more information in the DECnet for authentication.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG