[HECnet] X11 over DECnet?

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Wed Oct 2 20:23:33 PDT 2013

On Wed, 2 Oct 2013, Dave McGuire wrote:

On 10/02/2013 03:16 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
I ran it very briefly between a MicroVAX-II and a VAXstation-2000 a
long time ago, just to play with it.   It was neat when I got it
working,
but then it dawned on me that it really wasn't any different from
running it over TCP/IP. ;)

Meaning it works for a few minutes and then breaks completely? ;)

Not at all.   I've run X since X10R4 (yes, X *TEN* release four), and
have never seen it actually break.   What are you up to? ;)

Trying to use it on a PeeCee. ;)

Oh good heavens.   Life's too short, man.

I need to GET workstations first! ;)

If I used a real workstation that worked I'd have an excuse to be
productive.

Productivity is a good thing.

Now that I've run out of stuff to do, agreed.

Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff
http://gimme-sympathy.org Projects