[HECnet] FMS, SMG$, Windowing/Forms on a Text Terminal

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Tue Oct 1 10:10:34 PDT 2013

I understand where you're coming from Sampsa with regards to forms on text terminals. I've always found applications that do this strangely fascinating for no particular reason.

I remember back around 1992 when I was working for Cyberscience one of the lead developers wrote a terminal based application to create database queries visually and I thought it was just so cool!

I also worked at the PPA in Newcastle around the 2000s which was an IBM mainframe shop. The JCL boys were a law unto themselves and it was clear they would have a job for life all the time no one switched off the big iron. I'm drawn to the esoteric so found that environment equally interesting, although I would be totally clueless to how it is driven.

Mark.

--
    http://www.wickensonline.co.uk
    http://hecnet.eu