[HECnet] Humour value alternative to DCL - a port OS/390 ISPF to VMS :)

Hans Vlems hvlems at zonnet.nl
Tue Oct 1 06:13:42 PDT 2013

At Fujitsu we did have an IBM mainframe (dos/vse and VM). It had no network interface by itself. Eventually it was connected to the LAN via a channel attached DECnet gateway. In order to test connectivity we had to submit jcl decks. I agree fully with you how that language (?) was designed: a mess. On Burroughs one has WFL and that looks like A lol. Jcl looks like assembler without a proper design...